Smart and Skilled Funding – NSW
Smart and Skilled supports the skills development of the NSW workforce to meet the state’s future demand for jobs. Workers and employers in NSW have a range of government-subsidised programs to choose from.
– An entitlement to government-subsidised training up to and including Certificate III.
– Government funding for higher-level courses (Certificate IV and above) in targeted priority areas.
– New entrant and existing worker traineeships from Certificate II up to Diploma level.
– Funding for part qualification or pre vocational programs.
We can help you determine what funding you could access to assist with your training. For more information call our office on (02) 4961 0016.
To be eligible for Smart and Skilled Funding you need to be;
– 15 years old or over
– no longer at school
– living or working in NSW
– an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) students, students with disabilities and their dependents may qualify for fee exemptions when they enrol in Smart and Skilled training. Students receiving Australian Government welfare benefits and the dependents of Australian Government welfare recipients may qualify for concession fees when they enrol in Smart and Skilled training.
Smart and Skilled Fee-Free Scholarships are available for:
- young people who are eligible for a concession fee (aged between 15 & 30)
- young people who are or have been in out-of-home care/ social housing (15-17 years old and currently in out-of-home care or aged 18-30 years old and previously have been in out-of-home care)
- people who are experiencing or have experienced domestic and family violence and their dependents.
Payment plans are available to assist with your course fees.
Boosting Apprenticeship Commencements (BAC) wage subsidy
The Boosting Apprenticeship Commencements wage subsidy supports businesses and Group Training Organisations to take on new apprentices and trainees, to build a pipeline of skilled workers to support sustained economic recovery.
Through the subsidy, any business or Group Training Organisation that engages an Australian Apprentice between 5 October 2020 and 30 September 2021 may be eligible for a subsidy of 50 per cent of wages paid to a new or recommencing apprentice or trainee for a 12-month period from the date of commencement, to a maximum of $7,000 per quarter. There is no cap on the number of eligible trainees/ apprentices.
This assistance will support new apprentices and trainees across Australia, and is in addition to the Supporting Apprentices and Trainees wage subsidy which has helped small and medium businesses to keep their apprentices and trainees in work and training.
For more information; https://www.dese.gov.au/boosting-apprenticeship-commencements
Skilling for Recovery – Job Trainer NSW
In partnership with the NSW Government’s Skilling for Recovery initiative, Essential Skills Training and Recruitment are offering Fee-Free courses for eligible students in a bid to help individuals develop their skillset for future employment in a range of sectors.
Skilling for Recovery is a NSW Government program to provide fee free training to help job seekers retrain or up-skill as well as support school leavers to enter the workforce for the first time. As a NSW Government Smart and Skilled training provider, Essential Skills Training and Recruitment can help eligible students obtain Skilling for Recovery funded training.
To be eligible for fee-free qualification training under Skilling for Recovery you need to:
- live or work in NSW
- be aged 15 years or older
- have left school
- be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen.
You must also meet one of the following criteria.
- At risk of unemployment (as specified by the Department)
- 17 – 24 years of age (regardless of employment status).
We can help you determine your eligibility for funding and which course is best for you, call our office on (02) 4961 0016.
Tenders and Grants
To assist our customers to access affordable training we are constantly on the lookout for funding opportunities through state and federal government tenders and grants.
To keep in touch with what happening in the funding space give us a call on (02) 4961 0016 or follow us on Facebook.