Community Services Training
Staff training is an important part of maintaining quality service delivery but also a key component of your Aged Care or Disability compliance requirements.
We have a range of programs currently available for organisations to choose from to suit their individual needs.
In this current environment we have adapted a number of our programs for online delivery. This will allow you to maintain your compliance without having to release staff at time when every employee on the floor counts.
NON ACCREDITED COURSES
As care worker do you know how to measure blood pressure, temperature, pulse and respiration? Do you know how to interpret the results of a urinalysis or blood glucose level?
Our Clinical Skills workshop has been developed to give care workers the clinical observation skills and knowledge to support their client’s physical health.
This ½ day program will cover;
- TPR – temperature, pulse and respiration
- BP – blood pressure
- blood glucose levels
This training is aimed at support workers in community services to assist with caring for people with complex needs in disability.
This program will cover;
- Enteral feeding – types, diagnosis needed, physiology, feeding / supporting, nutritional needs, role of multidisciplinary team, supporting & troubleshooting.
- Bowel management – anatomy, Common bowel problems, the neurogenic bowel , autonomic dysreflexia, goals of bowel care, methods of bowel evacuation.
- Epilepsy – physiology of epilepsy, types of seizures, management, documentation, and medications.
This Full Day Workshop facilitated by Meredith Kirkpatrick is focused on basic wound assessment and skin integrity.
This program will cover:
- common wound presentations – such as lower leg
- ulceration, skin tears, diabetic foot
- which dressing and why
We offer a 3 hour competency-based (non-accredited) epilepsy and midazolam training session. The aim of this program is to develop an understanding of epilepsy and the importance of using the drug Midazolam as an emergency intervention for some types of seizures. As Midazolam is a very potent drug, safe and best practices are essential.
Our education sessions are designed around industry relevant legislation and practices. We request a copy of your Epilepsy / Midazolam Administration Policy where available, prior to training delivery. This provides a continuum of information for your staff that will result in safe work practices and positive client outcomes.
- Epilepsy – causes, classifications of seizures, triggers, medications, planning and documentation, SUDEP
- Midazolam – overview, basic pharmacology, administration in emergency, authority to administer, legal considerations
This training has been developed for care workers in the community and aged care settings that would like a better understanding of chronic conditions and how to better support their clients.
Suitable for support workers, health care employees, assistants in nursing and nurses working in the community or aged care settings. This course covers:
- Common Chronic conditions
- Risk factors
- Community & Aged Care teams
- Case studies
This program is designed for support workers in the community services sector and focuses on:
- Implementing and sustaining a Palliative Approach in residential and community aged care services
- Advance Care Planning – supporting and documenting quality of life choices
- Practical Pain Assessment, evaluating and reporting efficacy of interventions Common Symptoms seen at end of life with advanced chronic disease and/or dementia
- Medications for symptom management at end of life, Morphine titration and delivery options.
- End of Life Pathway – benefits, limitations and practical application Challenges in Care – The futility of trying to hasten death under family pressure
Individuals can access and pay for courses online at anytime. Employers can apply for special group pricing. Contact us on (02) 49610016 to discuss your needs. All participants will be issued with a statement of participation upon successful completion of the course.
- Managing Diabetes
- Basic Wound Care
- Enteral Feeding and Management
- Mealtime Management
- Catheter Care
- Complex Bowel Care
- Epilepsy and Midazolam
- Workplace Health and Safety including Manual Handling
- Compulsory Reporting
- Infection Control
- Food Safety
- Understanding the New Aged Care Standards
- Discrimination, Bullying and Harassment
Click Here to get started!
Download our program brochure below.
Give us a call on (02) 4961 0016 to discuss your training needs.