This qualification is suitable for those looking for a career in Aged Care, Home and Community Care and Disability. You will be given the skills and the knowledge to follow an individualised plan to provide person-centred support to people who require support due to ageing, disability or some other reason.
To achieve this qualification, the student must undertake a minimum of 120 hours of work placement in a community setting where you will be assessed in the workplace in line with the assessment requirements of the units of competency.
Career opportunities for this role include:
- Assistant in Nursing
- Care Assistant/worker
- Personal Care Assistant
- Community Care Worker
- Residential Care Worker
- Disability Support Worker
- Accommodation Support Worker
Watch this video
- Wednesday 30th January 2019 – Full Time (Job Seekers)
- Wednesday 13th February 2019 – One workshop per month (Employment Based)
- Tuesday 30th April 2019 – Full Time (Job Seekers)
- Tuesday 4th June 2019 – One workshop per month (Employment Based)
- Monday 5th August 2019 – Full Time (Job Seekers)
- Thursday 5th September 2019 – One workshop per month (Employment Based)
A competent level of literacy and numeracy is required to complete this qualification.
On completion of this qualification you may like to further your education and job prospects by completing any of the following qualifications.