CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support
Are You Looking To Launch Your Career in the Growing Health and Community Services Sectors?
The CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support is the ideal qualification for those looking for a career in Aged Care, Home and Community Care and Disability. This qualification reflects the role of workers in a community and/or residential setting who follow an individualised plan to provide person-centred support to people who may require support due to ageing, disability or some other reason. Work involves using discretion and judgement in relation to individual support as well as taking responsibility for own outputs. Workers have a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge, as well as some theoretical knowledge of the concepts and practices required to provide person-centred support.
- Assistant in Nursing
- Care Assistant/worker
- Personal Care Assistant
- Community Care Worker
- Residential Care Worker
- Disability Support Worker
- Accommodation Support Worker
Essential Skills Training and Recruitment provide highly supportive learning environments. We host small groups with experienced and approachable trainers committed to having you complete the course.
Full Time – (Job Seekers)
- Duration: 18 Weeks
- Next intake: Monday 17th August, 2020
This full-time course is 3 days a week, face-to-face at our Warabrook training facility and 1-day self-directed learning at home.
Included in your course will be 2 blocks of workplace experience placement (a total of 135 hours – unpaid), which will be in your nominated area of choice; Aged Care or Disability. Essential Skills Training and Recruitment will arrange the work experience placements. Workplace experience gives you the hands-on learning to practice the knowledge and skills you learnt in the training environment and provide you with an opportunity to showcase yourself to employers, giving you the best chance to secure employment at the end of the course. Whilst there may be job opportunities available, Essential Skills Training and Recruitment does not guarantee employment.
**Public Notice – In order to meet the State Governments latest recommendations on social distancing in the workplace, Essential Skills Training has adopted a blended learning approach. Theory based units may be delivered as online Zoom sessions. Practical units that require the physical demonstration and/or the observation of skills may still be scheduled as in-class workshops. All students will be scanned with a non-contact infrared thermometer upon arrival. Classrooms and thoroughfares are regularly sanitized with risk management practices in place to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all staff and students.
Employment Based – (Employment Based)
The Employment Based course is suitable for those already working in an Aged Care or Disability Support organisation. If working in the role of an Aged Care / Home & Community Care or Disability Support Worker, you can achieve the compulsory 120 hours of work experience by recording your hours in a logbook. If you are stepping into that position, you will need to be working in the role of an Aged Care worker or Disability Support worker to achieve the 120 hours of work experience which is to be recorded in a logbook and signed off by your Supervisor or Manager.
- Duration: One workshop per month over 12 Months
- Next intake: Friday 4th September, 2020 (more dates to come)
A competent level of literacy and numeracy is required to complete this qualification.
To achieve this qualification, the student must undertake a minimum of 120 hours (employment based) or 135 hours (full-time) of work placement in a community setting where you will be assessed in the workplace in line with the assessment requirements of the units of competency.
For those enrolling in our Full Time (Job Seeker Course) you must also;
- Be able to perform the physical requirements of the job e.g. manual handling.
- Have the physical ability to be able to kneel on the floor to meet the assessment requirements of the first aid unit.
- Be able to pass a Criminal Record Check before commencing the work experience placement. Essential Skills Training and Recruitment will process the criminal record checks at no additional cost.
- If enrolling into the Disability Elective stream you must also obtain a Working with Children’s Check before commencing the work experience placement. This will be your responsibility to obtain. A Volunteer Worker Working with Children’s Check will be sufficient to cover you for your work experience placement, however please note that if you obtain employment in the sector, you will need to re-apply for a Paid Worker check, and this will be at your own expense.
Full course cost – $4,000
NSW Smart and Skilled Subsidised – $240 up to $1,750
VIC Skills First
* Payment plans are available
On completion of this qualification, you may like to further your education and job prospects by completing any of the following qualifications.