Are You Looking To Launch Your Career in the Growing Health and Community Services Sectors?
CHC33015 Certificate III Individual Support is the ideal qualification for those looking for a career in Aged Care, Home and Community Care and Disability. Essential Skills Training and Recruitment provide highly supportive learning environments. We host small groups with experienced and approachable trainers committed to having you complete the course. The 20-week full time course is 3 days face-to-face at our Warabrook, Newcastle training centre and 1 day self-directed learning at home. Included in your Individual Support course will be workplace experience, which will be in your nominated area of choice; Aged Care, Home and Community Care or Disability. Workplace experience gives you the hands-on learning to practise the knowledge and skills you learnt in the training environment and provide you with an opportunity to showcase yourself to employers, giving you the best chance to secure employment at the end of the course.
Career opportunities for the Certificate III Individual Support qualification include:
- Assistant in Nursing
- Care Assistant/worker
- Personal Care Assistant
- Community Care Worker
- Residential Care Worker
- Disability Support Worker
- Accommodation Support Worker
Watch to learn more about being a Support Worker:
Term 2 – Hurry, places filling fast!
- Wednesday 1st May 2019 – Full Time (Job Seekers)
- 3 days face-to-face Warabrook Training Facility; 1 day self-direct at home
- 2 x Workplace Experience placements
- Complete within 5 months
- Tuesday 4th June 2019 – One workshop per month (Employment Based)
- Your work employment is logged to obtain your 120 hours
- Completed within 12 months
- Monday 5th August 2019 – Full Time (Job Seekers)
- Thursday 5th September 2019 – One workshop per month (Employment Based)
- For more information download our brochure
A competent level of literacy and numeracy is required to complete this qualification.
The classroom training gives you the skills and the knowledge to follow an individualised plan to provide person-centered support to people who require support due to ageing, disability or some other reason.
To achieve this qualification, the student must undertake a minimum of 120 hours (employment based) or 135 hours (full-time) of work placement in a community setting where you will be assessed in the workplace in line with the assessment requirements of the units of competency.
On completion of this qualification, you may like to further your education and job prospects by completing any of the following qualifications.