How we can assist your organisation:
Our courses are designed to give participants the skills and knowledge they need to be a valuable asset to your organisation.
As a community services specific training provider, we:
- Assist you with workforce development
- Work with you to select the electives that are most suited to your organisation
- Inform you of available funding opportunities for training
- Provide a recognition of prior learning pathway as a way to save people from having to study what they already know
- Employ qualified trainers and assessors who have extensive industry experience
- Keep you informed of student progress throughout their training and
- Ensure your staff have a productive learning experience in a friendly, supportive environment.
We have a robust training program that brings new and excited workers into the community services sector. Participants are given the opportunity to shine with local employers in pursuit of quality staff.
This is a full time program which incorporates a work experience component with local community services organisations. Participants are screened before being accepted into each program to ensure they are suitable for the community services industry.
All participants get to experience the highs and lows of our industry whilst completing their qualification. We match participants with employers based on compatibility and location. A high percentage of our graduates go on to secure employment with the organisations they complete their work experience with.
For more information on the next program call our office on (02) 4961 0016.
If you are an employer and would like to be involved in providing an opportunity for work experience please call Dee Cooke on (02) 4961 0016.
In the Vocational Education Sector there are often many opportunities available to assist students and employers to fund their training programs.
These are most often directed to areas of skill shortage and can significantly reduce the cost of the training.
For more information of Available Funding, please click here.
Skill sets are combinations of units of competency from an endorsed Training Package, which link to a identified industry need.
Skill Sets enable a qualified worker to move laterally into work areas addressed by the skill set, or to broaden their skill base in relation to the services they provide.
Nationally Endorsed Skill sets include:
- BSBSS00043 Key Management Skill Set
- BSBSS00058 Workforce Development Implementation Skill Set
- BSBSS00063 Team Leader Skill Set
- BSBSS00064 Promoting Diversity Awareness in the Workplace Skill Set
- BSBSS00068 Service Management Skill Set
- CHCSS00016 Disability work skill set – disability support in employment
- CHCSS00035 Medication assistance skill set
- CHCSS00036 Mental health peer leadership skill set
- CHCSS00061 Family support services work skill set – provide support
- CHCSS00065 Workforce Planning Skill Set
- CHCSS00066 Client-oriented service delivery skill set
- CHCSS00067 Administer and Monitor Medication Skill Set
- CHCSS00069 Advocacy Skill Set
- CHCSS00070 Assist Clients with Medication Skill Set
- CHCSS00071 Basic Foot Care Skill Set
- CHCSS00073 Case Management Skill Set
- CHCSS00075 Chronic Disease Self-Management
- CHCSS00076 Coordinate Client Directed Services
- CHCSS00078 High Support and Complex Care – Aged Care
- CHCSS00080 Induction to Leisure and Health
- CHCSS00081 Induction to Disability
- CHCSS00082 Lead and Mentor
- CHCSS00083 Lead Inclusion and Collaboration
- CHCSS00084 Lead and support colleagues
- CHCSS00086 Quality Management
- CHCSS00087 Risk Management
- CHCSS00088 Induction
- CHCSS00089 Service Coordination and Collaboration
- CHCSS00091 Team Leader
- CHCSS00092 Alcohol and Other Drugs Co-existing Needs Skill Set
- CHCSS00094 High Support and Complex Care – Disability Skill Set
- CHCSS00095 Dementia Support – Service Delivery Skill Set
- CHCSS00096 Disability Work – Behaviour Support Skill Set
- CHCSS00097 Individual Support – Ageing Skill Set
- CHCSS00098 Individual Support – Disability Skill Set
- CHCSS00099 Individual Support – Home and Community (Ageing) Skill Set
- CHCSS00100 Individual Support – Home and Community (Disability) Skill Set
- CHCSS00104 Peer Leadership Skill Set
- CHCSS00105 Palliative Approach Skill Set
- CHCSS00107 Carer Support Skill Set
- CHCSS00109 Employment Services Skill set
- HLTSS00061 Food safety supervision skill set – for community services and health industries
- SITSS00016 Food Handling
- TAESS00006 Workplace supervisor
- TAESS00008 Enterprise Trainer – Mentoring Skill Set
Call us today for more information on (02) 4961 0016.
If you are looking for a specific set of units or skills to be delivered to your staff we can develop a program to meet your needs by clustering a group of units from one of our approved training packages. This is different to a nationally endorsed skill set as it is not a group of units identified as a skills area that need attention in the broader industry.
This is an easy way to tailor packages to the needs of your individual staff or organisation.
Call us today for more information and to discuss current funding available on (02) 4961 0016.
We can assist with any internal training for your organisation.
Mandatory training – manual handling, infection control, elder abuse, bullying and harassment, WHS.
If you need your staff to refresh their knowledge on your organisation’s policies or procedures we can develop a program based on your needs.
Sessions can be held on site or in our training rooms in Hamilton.
Call us on (02) 4961 0016 to discuss your training requirements.
Essential Skills Training & Recruitment offers a flexible and supportive method of delivery. We use a blended approach with a combination of delivery modes, designed to meet your specific needs, such as:
- Workplace Assessment
- Correspondence / Distance Education
- Phone and Email Support
- Coaching and Mentoring
We work with the employer and the student to maximise the training outcomes by tailoring a program specific to your needs and the needs of your organisation.
We are based in Newcastle but provide services throughout NSW.
Call (02) 4961 0016 for more information.