Australian Unity in partnership with Essential Skills Training are looking for up to 10 new aged care worker trainees to begin work across three locations in Bowral, Campbelltown & Liverpool.
*No experience necessary – all training will be provided.
Australian Unity is member-owned wellbeing company who are dedicated to helping people thrive. We put our people first, customers, clients, partners and communities. At Australian Unity, we are here to help people thrive in the areas of health, wealth and living. We enable customers to live independently in their own home by tailoring support in consultation with customer needs, funding program budget and provisions.
We believe in a work life balance and flexibility that allows people to thrive at work.
About the role:
As an Aged Care Worker, you will be required to perform daily duties such as:
- Cleaning, laundry and meal preparation
- Personal care duties including showering, feeding and toileting clients
- Help build and maintain strong relationships within the business and with clients
- Adhere to health and safety guidelines and policies to keep yourself and our clients safe
- Provide opportunities for our people with internal mobility and transportation.
- Assist with leisure activities and social engagements.
You will be a passionate and empathetic person and be able to develop exceptional rapport with our clients by working hard to understand their individual needs and provide quality service that will support their lifestyle goals.
How this program works:
Successful applicants will undertake a 5-week recruitment program where they will learn the basic skills needed to work as a care worker. This program is broken down into 3 weeks of class-based delivery, followed by 2 weeks of work placement (all unpaid) where you will be mentored and supervised by an experienced care worker. This is your opportunity to shine and showcase your skills and attributes to the employer!
Upon successful completion of the 5-week recruitment program, participants will be issued with a nationally accredited statement of attainment.
Australian Unity will then choose up to 10 candidates to join their team across all 3 sites as paid workers under a traineeship agreement.
To be considered for a position you MUST attend one of one of the following recruitment information sessions;
When: Thursday 5th March 2020
Time: 10:30am – 12:30pm
Where: Australian Unity Campbelltown, 5–7 Lithgow Street, Campbelltown NSW 2570
When: Friday 6th March 2020
Time: 10:30am – 12:30pm
Where: Bowral Library – Henrietta Rose Room.
Bendooley Street Bowral NSW 2576
To be eligible for a traineeship you must be:
- 18 years or older & be no longer at school;
- living or working in NSW;an Australian or New Zealand citizen or be on a permanent residency visa;
- willing to do a police background check and have a clear criminal history;
- able to perform all the physical requirements (manual handling) of the job;
- NOT already in possession of the CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support.
To register for this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our main office on (02) 4961 0016.
Click Here for the full flyer.
These programs are perfect if you want to work in community services but have no experience or qualifications. If you are accepted into the program through our screening process you will receive formal training and undertake a work experience placement. This is your opportunity to make sure it is the industry you want to work in and your chance to impress the employer and secure one of the positions up for grabs.