NovaCare are seeking up to 12 new Aged Care Worker Trainees.
Newcastle | Lake Macquarie | Port Stephens | Maitland.
Do you get excited about providing exceptional customer service? Do you want to give back to the community and build a more rewarding career where you can truly make a difference?
Essential Skills Training & Recruitment (RTO ID 91729) in partnership with Novacare Aged Care are looking to attract up to 12 passionate, caring and hard-working people to begin work as Home and Community Care workers where you will be supporting the elderly and vulnerable.
*No experience necessary – All training will be provided.
** This training is subsidised by the NSW Government.
NovaCare is a Hunter based, not-for-profit organisation that has been recognised for leading the state in excellence in aged and community services. We are focused on a whole of life approach for home, health and happiness, and to staying connected with our community.
The big difference between NovaCare and other community care providers is that our headquarters is based in the Hunter. We are locals helping locals. NovaCare is a leading provider of high quality, community-based services for people who are frail and/or aged. Our innovation and culture support both our clients and our staff to lead happy and fulfilling lives.
If you are interested in joining the NovaCare team, we would like to hear from you. As our roles involve the interaction and communication with people… you gotta like people! We provide help with daily task like cleaning and transport, but that’s just a start…
To be successful in this role you will need:
- a caring and empathetic attitude towards the elderly and frail.
- ability to build rapport, establish relationships and adapt communication style to suit different audiences.
- able to work independently, make sound decisions and work as part of a team.
- have confidence using technology including mobile devices and applications.
- a willingness to be responsive and flexible with your availability.
To be eligible for this program you must be;
- 18 years or older & no longer at school;
- living in the Newcastle or lower Hunter region
- Australian or NZ citizen, or permanent resident.
- hold a current driver’s licence and have a reliable car with full comprehensive motor insurance;
- be willing to undergo a Criminal Records Check
- be physically able to perform all manual handling tasks
- MUST NOT already be in possession of the CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support
How to apply?
Please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also tell us why you are interested in the Aged Care (Home & Community) sector and what professional skills or personal attributes you think will benefit you in this role. Upon review of your application you may be contacted by a staff member from Essential Skills Training to be invited to attend an information session where you will learn more about this program.
The information session will take place on:
When: Wednesday 23rd September 2020
Where: Unit 1/3 Warabrook Boulevard, WARABROOK
Time: 10.30am to 12.00pm OR 1.00pm to 2.30pm
Candidates will undertake a 5-week training program which is designed to give you the baseline skills of an Aged Care Worker. The course is broken down into 3 weeks of classroom-based training and 2 weeks of (unpaid) work experience with Novacare where you will be mentored and supervised by an experienced aged care worker.
Upon successful completion of the 5 week course, students be awarded with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment in the following 4 units of competency;
- HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTFSE001 Follow basic food safety practices
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
This is your opportunity to shine!
Upon completion of the program, Novacare will choose up to 12 people to join their team with an opportunity to complete their full qualification (CHC33105 Certificate III in Individual Support) under a traineeship model whilst being in paid employment.
For more information about this program contact Peter or Paula today on 02 4961 0016.
Download the flyer here https://essentialskills.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/NovaCare-Pre-Voc-Sept.pdf
These programs are perfect if you want to work in community services but have no experience or qualifications. If you are accepted into the program through our screening process you will receive formal training and undertake a work experience placement. This is your opportunity to make sure it is the industry you want to work in and your chance to impress the employer and secure one of the positions up for grabs.