Current recruitment programs
Essential Skills Training & Recruitment (RTO 91729) in partnership with Opal HealthCare across 2 locations, both Bathurst and Orange, are seeking up to 15 candidates to join their team as trainee care workers. In this role you will be supporting our residents to achieve their goals and live the best life.
At Opal HealthCare, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do…
Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care using our values Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence reflecting the CARE which is at the heart of everything we do.
At Opal HealthCare, we strive to enable residents to continue to live lives of meaning and have opportunities to participate in purposeful activity. We encourage residents to actively contribute to their communities and to have a real sense of purpose in their day.
We have an exciting opportunity for up to 15 caring, enthusiastic people to join our team as an aged care support worker (Trainee) to help support our residents with daily living activities, including personal care.
What you can bring to Opal:
- A passion for delivering high quality care that makes a difference for our residents.
- An eagerness to grow and develop your aged care career.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills and commitment to continuous quality improvement.
- Knowledge of the aged care industry desirable but not essential.
What Opal can offer you:
- Opportunities to enhance and develop your career in Aged Care
- Supportive Management.
- Access to leading talent and management programs
- Health and wellness programs
- Work/life balance.
How the program works:
Selected participants will undertake a 3 week (unpaid) training program starting Tuesday 17th August 2021.
The program is broken down into face to face training and an unpaid work placement over a period of 3 weeks, where you will be mentored and supervised by an experienced care worker. Upon successful completion of the program, participants will be issued with a nationally accredited Statement of Attainment for the following three units of competency;
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care.
- HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- CHCCCS015 Provide individualised support
Opal HealthCare will then confirm the candidates who will join their team under a traineeship model and complete the nationally accredited qualification – CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support whilst remaining in paid employment.
To be eligible you must meet the following criteria:
- not already have the CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual support
- be 18 years or older and no longer at school
- be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or permanent resident
- live or work in NSW
- be willing to get the latest flu vaccination
- be willing to undergo a national Police Background Check
- be willing to undergo a NDIS Worker Check prior to employment.
How to apply:
Send your resume to email@example.com This will be then sent through to the People and Culture team at Opal HealthCare where a representative from Opal HealthCare will be in contact to arrange an interview.
To download the full brochure CLICK HERE
These programs are perfect if you want to work in community services but have no experience or qualifications. If you are accepted into the program through our screening process you will receive formal training and undertake a work experience placement. This is your opportunity to make sure it is the industry you want to work in and your chance to impress the employer and secure one of the positions up for grabs.