Essential Skills Training & Recruitment (RTO ID 91729) in partnership with Calvary Care are seeking up to 15 new Care Service Employees to begin work as trainees across multiple sites in Newcastle & the Lower Hunter.
*No experience necessary – all training will be provided. **This training is subsidised by the NSW Government.
Calvary is a national Catholic provider of health, community and aged care services operating in six states and territories. Our services include public and private hospital care, acute and sub-acute care, home care services and retirement and aged care services, in both rural and metropolitan areas. Calvary employs over 11,000 people and has over 1,500 volunteers.
Calvary continues the mission of the Sisters of the Little Company of Mary, a mission focused on caring for those who are sick, dying and in need. We express our values of hospitality, healing, stewardship and respect through “being for others” exemplified by the Spirit of Calvary and the example of Venerable Mary Potter.”
About the role:
This is a rewarding, hands on role that will give you the opportunity to positively impact on the lives of our residents. Care Service Employees work within the aged care team to promote the delivery of quality care to residents and their families, demonstrating competence in the provision of resident-centred care.
Who we are looking for people who;
- can self-organise and prioritise workloads
- be flexible with their availability
- are compassionate, caring and have empathy towards our residents
- are respectful of privacy and one’s right to dignity
- are well presented and have bring a professional attitude to work
- have an acceptable standard of verbal and written communication skills
- can operate independently and contribute to our team
How to apply:
Contact Essential Skills Training on 02 4961 0016 to register your attendance for the upcoming recruitment information session:
When: Thursday 6th February 2020
Time: 10:30am – 12:30pm
Where: Calvary Sandgate
240 Maitland Rd Sandgate NSW 2304
Successful applicants will undertake a 5-week recruitment program where they will learn the basic skills needed to work in an aged care facility. This program is broken down into 3 weeks of class-based delivery, followed by 2 weeks of work placement (unpaid) where they will be mentored and supervised by an experienced aged care worker.
This is your opportunity to showcase your skills to the employer!
Upon successful completion of the 5-week recruitment program, participants will be issued with a nationally accredited statement of attainment for the following three units of competency:
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCCCS001 Meet personal support needs
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
Calvary will then choose up to 15 candidates to join their team as paid workers under a traineeship agreement.
To be eligible for a traineeship you must be:
- 17 years or older & be no longer at school;
- living or working in NSW;
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen or be on a permanent residency visa;
- willing to do a police background check and have a clear criminal history;
- able to perform all the physical requirements (manual handling) of the job.
- NOT already in possession of the CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support.
Click here for the full flyer.
These programs are perfect if you want to work in community services but have no experience or qualifications. If you are accepted into the program through our screening process you will receive formal training and undertake a work experience placement. This is your opportunity to make sure it is the industry you want to work in and your chance to impress the employer and secure one of the positions up for grabs.