10735NAT – Course in Disability First Aid
After extensive research and consultation with the disability sector, this course was originally established by co-founders Joel Robinson (Ambulance Attendant) and Leanne Innes of Disability First Aid (Pty Ltd). Now in partnership with Essential Skills Training, this course has been tailored to extend on traditional first aid training, providing critical skills in the following key areas:
- CPR in a bed;
- Seizures in a wheelchair;
- Choking whilst in a wheelchair or bed;
- Implementing personal evacuation plans;
- Pressure sores and infection recognition;
- Suicide recognition in a disability setting.
$250 per person
Classes are scheduled monthly. See dates below:
- Wednesday 24th Jun 2020 (Sold Out)
- Wednesday 22nd Jul 2020 (Sold Out)
- Wednesday 26th Aug 2020 (Sold Out)
- Wednesday 30th Sep 2020 (Sold Out)
- Wednesday 21st Oct 2020
- Wednesday 11th Nov 2020
All participants must have a current version of the HLTAID003 Provide First Aid certificate. They are also required to complete an online quiz prior to attending the workshop.
How to enrol:
STEP 1: Click here to download the enrolment pack.
STEP 2: Complete the enrolment application form and return it to: email@example.com. You will also need to include a copy of your current first aid certificate and a colour copy of your drivers license or valid photo ID card.
STEP 3: Upon enrolment you will be sent a link to complete an online assessment (quiz) which must be done prior to commencing your workshop.
*We reserve the right cancel a class if the minimum numbers are not met. At present with COVID-19, class sizes are restricted to a maximum of 9 participants.