Benefits of Online Training
You know when you see a piece of clothing that shows one size fits all and you think yeah right! Well training and how it is delivered isn’t a ONE SIZE FITS ALL reality either. With our busy lifestyles and work/ life commitments there needs to be flexibility for students to be able to study in a way that works for them.
So, let’s look at the benefits of online training and answer questions such;
- What are the cost associated?
- Is there limited time to complete?
- What type of support will I receive if I need assistance?
- How will I know who is a reputable online training organisation and what do I look for?
Is Online training practical for the qualification that I want to study?
You will find that in the current climate everyone is offering online training from non-accredited short courses; dog grooming, weight management courses through to accredited online courses starting at from a certificate III level right through to university online. With all qualifications we need to ensure that the desired outcome is achievable and that is why it is imperative to do some research to ensure that your online experience is an enjoyable one. If you are searching for a qualification where work placement/experience is a requirement, ensure that you have a list of questions such as:
- Is work experience a requirement for the selected qualification?
- Will you support me in finding appropriate work experience?
- How many hours?
- Does work experience need to be done within a specific time frame?
- Am I covered by the RTO’s insurance when on work experience?
Online training – Is it the right fit for me?
Online delivery is awesome if you are looking for flexibility, it gives you the ability to study at your own pace and make it fit around your schedule. A couple of points when choosing online is to know that you will be self-managing your training and you will still have timeframes to complete your assessments. Have a plan – make sure you schedule for your study time as self-discipline is the key! Don’t avoid it, embrace it and get those deadlines met. If you don’t you will be chasing your tail and before you know it the deadline is up and you could be looking at additional costs if an extension is required. Make sure that you ask these questions so you have a clear picture of what online training entails with your chosen provider.
Does online training offer support for students
Majority of online courses have really great student support, when researching which RTO you want to study with remember to ask what support services are available and if any additional costs are incurred. Quality student support is a key factor when researching your ideal RTO as you don’t want to be left behind due to the lack of support and response times for assistance to get you through your studies.
Cost of the qualification and the hidden extras
When doing your research be aware that there could always be that fine print that most of us miss, it’s like what we said at the start “one size doesn’t fit all” and in some cases you might find that there is some of those hidden costs that you might not be aware of.
You might decide that online training is how you want to study as this is flexible and fits in with your lifestyle, so confirm with the RTO on specific time frames on completion and added costs if extensions are required.
Payment plans are the norm in today’s environment, look at the finer details and ask those questions to be very clear of the final cost. Identify what the interest terms are on the payment plan and if you are not sourcing government funding if applicable in your state, then look at what the RTO have online training and the varied prices for fee for service. Ask these questions upfront;
- Do you have payment plans?
- What are the Terms and conditions?
- What are the interest rates on the payment plan?
- Do you charge for late submission or remarking of assessments?
- What is included in this qualification?
- Is there fees for additional support?
- Is there a cost to have my certificate issued or re-issued?
This research takes a few minutes, it could save you a lot of money and ensure that your online experience is an awesome experience.
How will I know who is a reputable online training organisation and what do I look for?
- Create a checklist of all of what has been discussed.
- Do your research and ensure that you look at feedback and comments on the RTO website and social media platforms.
- Ask a lot of questions when you talk to these organisations to ensure that it is going to fit your current needs.
- Ensure that they are a registered training organisation that delivers qualifications that are Nationally Recognised Training. Look for the “Nationally Recognised Training” logo.
All accredited qualifications will have a code example being Business qualifications such as Leadership and Management will have BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management the units will be made up of core and elective units and this will also have a course code ex: BSBCUS401 Coordinate implementation of customer service strategies. If you cannot identify a unit code ensure that you confirm with the provider that the qualification is nationally accredited?
A quality Online Training Provider should have on their website full information and terms and conditions, read them it’s worth it! This type of research will ensure that you have found the right RTO for you.
If you can follow these tips I am confident that your online training experience is going to be successful, enjoyable and fit you in all aspects of your life. So, take the time do your research and happy studying!