This qualification will provide you with the skills and knowledge to prepare you for a fulfilling profession as a disability support worker. It will allow you the opportunity to provide support to individuals with an intellectual or physical disability, having the ability to empower individuals to be what they want to be.
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 120 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency.
Career opportunities for this role include:
- Disability support officer / worker
- Residential care officer
- Senior personal care assistant
- Lifestyle support officer
- Behavioural support officer
- Thursday 7th March 2019 – Part Time
- Thursday 4th April 2019 – One workshop per month (Employment Based)
- Wednesday 11th September 2019 – One workshop per month (Employment Based)
- Essential Skills Training & Recruitment
Unit 1/3 Warabrook Boulevard,
A competent level of literacy and numeracy is required to complete this qualification.
On completion of this qualification you may like to further your education and job prospects by completing any of the following qualifications.